|You have no items in your shopping cart.|
|You have no items in your shopping cart.|
Nico Favresse and Sébastien Berthe were out and about for a while this summer. Their project was to climb the Alps Trilogy (Silbergeier, The End Of Silence, Des Kaisers neue Kleider), three of the most difficult and famous multi-pitch routes between Switzerland, Germany and Austria, moving from one valley to another by bike or train and with all their material in tow.
Dog and flamingo included.
1- Do you think this type of sustainable climbing trip will become popular in the future?
Nico ; This type of trip is may be not for everyone, but I think it’s interesting to search for new and fun ways to be sustainable. Séb ( Sébastien Berthe ) actually came up with the idea and I agreed straight away , but only if I could bring my dog as well!
2- It is long way to cycle between these routes and you covered many Km on your bike. Do you think this made the challenge tougher to climb the Trilogy this way?
Nico ; Sure , it was a little bit tougher than driving to each of the routes , but it was an interesting challenge and the total experience was great in the end. Many times we hike a long way into the mountains to climb and of course this means we loose some climbing fitness and strength , but in the end it challenges us in a different way. As a climber I look for a good mix of adventure, fun and great climbing and this trip fitted perfectly to this mix.
3- You traveled by bike , train and foot. Did you discover some unexpected challenges with this type of travel during the trip?
Nico ; The train was quite expensive in the end , which we didn’t expect , and also we could not take all the trains as only certain train carriages could take the bikes. We probably could have planned a little better , but there is fun to discovering things along the way as well , I like to be adaptive!
4- Any plans for future low carbon trips?
Nico ; Sure! These types of trips are lots of fun to do and plan. I think it is great to be more creative with climbing trips and come up with fun and interesting ways to be more sustainable in the way we travel and climb. There is so many possibilities to add even small amounts of sustainability to our lives , even if the carbon savings are not huge , it is a way to be thinking more about the planet and our impact on it.
Last updated 12 October 2018. Effective immediately.
Collection and Use of Information
Personal Information. When you access the SCARPA Website or App, use our Services, or otherwise provide any personal information or data to us, we may collect, use, and store that personal information, including but not limited to your name, mailing, shipping and billing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information. We may also collect information that you provide to us about other people, for example, by purchasing gifts or products for family or friends, we may collect their name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. The personal information we collect allows us and our marketing provider(s) to keep you posted on SCARPA’s latest product announcements, updates, upcoming events, and SCARPA news, and helps us to improve our products, Services, content, and advertising. If you do not want to be included on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by changing your account preferences or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. Because SCARPA maintains several individual contact databases, e.g., for sales, contests, newsletters, etc., you may have to unsubscribe from each database individually. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about a specific sales or service transaction, our products, their proper use, purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to you, your use of SCARPA products, and your relationship with SCARPA, you may not opt out of receiving these communications. We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, processing payments and orders, and research to improve our products, Services, and customer communications. If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion, or access linked social media accounts, we may collect and use the information you provide to administer those programs. In addition, information that you give us may be combined with other personal information (e.g., order history, demographic data, etc.) from third-party sources to improve our products, Services, and programs. For example, we may receive updated delivery and address information from third-party sources, which we use to correct our records and insure delivery of SCARPA products and materials to you.
Use of Information. Financial and personal information that you provide is used to process your order, verify, bill, and collect payment for products that you order. We may use your contact information from any order to send SCARPA products, catalogs, emails, and other information about SCARPA, its affiliates, and/or its partners. If you register for SCARPA’s newsletter or mailing list and provide your email address to us, we will send you emails or other communications that may inform you of new products, special sales, promotional offers from SCARPA, our affiliates, partners, SCARPA news, and any other events or issues that we think you may enjoy or find interesting. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings by following the steps described below in "Removing, Correcting or Changing Your Information".
Service Providers: SCARPA shares personal information with companies and individuals who provide certain services for SCARPA, such as information and payment processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products, managing, analyzing, and enhancing customer data, marketing consultation, research, assistance, and/or sponsorship, providing customer service, website maintenance and operation, assessing your interest in our products and Services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys, etc. These companies have access to personal information, including financial information, needed to perform their services or functions, are obligated to protect your information, and may be located wherever SCARPA elects.
Partners: SCARPA may share your email and contact information with third parties who co-sponsor events with SCARPA, and/or who collaborate with SCARPA in various activities, including marketing, promotional, and other activities. Except as otherwise described herein, for example, marketing collaboration with third parties, processing your order and payment and similar tasks, SCARPA does not share your name and postal address with any non-SCARPA affiliate, nor does SCARPA share your credit card information or email address with any other third party. Our customer's private, personal information and privacy is respected by SCARPA. Occasionally, SCARPA may send information from our affiliates or partners to our customers that we think they may find interesting, in addition to communications directly from SCARPA.
Your Consent: SCARPA may disclose and use your personal information any time that you consent to such disclosure of use.
Third Party Analytics: Our website also uses third-party analytics vendors such as Google and Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, and Mailchimp Analytics and similar services.
Additional information about how data is collected and processed by third-party analytics vendors is found at:
Google Analytics: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
Facebook Analytics: https://analytics.facebook.com/, and https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
We and our third-party vendors or partners use analytics data for a variety of purposes such as to improve the design and content of our websites, to help us learn things like what pages are most attractive to all of our visitors and what promotions visitors like to see, and to gauge the success of our advertising campaigns.
Interest-Based Advertising. We may work with third-party advertising companies that collect and use information about your online activities across sites over time, in order to deliver more relevant advertising when you are using the Websites and/or Services. This practice is known as interest-based advertising. You may visit Document4www.aboutads.info to learn more and to opt out of this type of advertising by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance self-regulatory program. We do not operate or control these sites and are not responsible for the opt out choices available there. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications, although it may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. If you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies or use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice. Our Websites currently do not have a mechanism to recognize “Do Not Track” signals.
Removing, Correcting or Changing your Information. As a registered user, our Websites provide you with the choice to receive or decline most SCARPA communications. Except as otherwise provided herein, to elect not receive future electronic communications from SCARPA and not have your information shared with other companies, or to correct or change certain information that you have previously provided:
Please note that, as stated above, from time to time, SCARPA may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about a specific sales or service transaction, our products, their proper use, purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to you, your use of SCARPA products, and your relationship with SCARPA, you may not opt out of receiving these communications. Further, SCARPA will not delete personal information that is required by law or other ongoing legal obligations. If you would like to correct or request changes to the personal information that you have previously provided to us, please contact us at: [email protected]
Children. SCARPA does not knowingly sell merchandise for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use our Websites only with the consent and involvement of a parent or guardian. Our Websites and Services are not intended for the use of children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
California Residents. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have made a purchase from SCARPA Websites within the past eighteen (18) months may request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To request this information, please contact SCARPA as provided below.
Questions? Please Contact Us. If you have any questions or concerns about the privacy or security of your information, you may contact us by email or mail at the following addresses:
SCARPA North America, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
3550 Frontier Ave., Unit E
Boulder, CO 80301
303.998.2895 Ext. 100
Last updated 4 April 2018. Effective immediately.
By using the Websites, you represent that you are at least 18 years old, or you are at least the minimum legal age to enter into a contract in the jurisdiction in which you are viewing the Websites. The Websites and the information contained in reference herein are for your personal, non-commercial use only. As long as you comply with these Terms, SCARPA grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited privilege to enter and use the Websites.
1. Content. All text, graphics, interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, and computer code (collectively the “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, contained on the Websites is owned, controlled or licensed by or to SCARPA, and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent, and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, no part of the Websites and no Content may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise, without SCARPA’s express prior written consent. You may use information on SCARPA products and services (such as data sheets, product images, technical specifications, articles, and similar materials) from the Websites, provided that you (1) do not remove any copyright or other proprietary notice from any of the materials, (2) use such information only for your personal informational use and do not sell or modify the Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose, (3) do not use the Content in a manner that implies an association with SCARPA, or any of our products, services or brands, and (4) do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such materials.
2. Third-Party Website Links. The Websites may contain links to other third-party websites (“Linked Websites”). Any such Linked Websites are provided solely for your reference and as a convenience to you. SCARPA does not endorse or make any representation or warranty regarding the content or accuracy of such Linked Websites. Such Linked Websites are not under SCARPA’s control, and SCARPA is not responsible for and makes no endorsement or representation about the information or materials contained on such Linked Websites. If you access any Linked Websites, you do so at your own risk. SCARPA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR DEALINGS WITH ANY THIRD-PARTY OR LINKED WEBSITES, ANY MERCHANT OR OPERATOR OF THIRD-PARTY OR LINKED WEBSITES, OR ANY OTHER PERSON WITH WHOM YOU ENGAGE IN ANY TRANSACTION.
3. Limited License to Access Websites. As long as you comply with these Terms, SCARPA grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of the Websites. SCARPA also grants you a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a link to the Websites’ home pages provided that the link does not portray SCARPA, or its products or services, in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any SCARPA logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission. Without the express prior written consent of SCARPA, this limited license does NOT allow you: (1) to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit, or in any way otherwise use or exploit for any commercial purpose all or any part of the Websites or its Content; (2) to collect and/or use any product listings, descriptions, or prices; (3) any derivative use of the Websites or their Content; (4) to download or copy information, including but not limited to account information, for the benefit of yourself or any third party; (5) to download or modify all or any part of the Websites; (6) any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools; (7) to use any meta tags or any other hidden data utilizing SCARPA's name or trademarks; (8) to frame or capture any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (e.g., text, photographs, images, page layout, etc.) on the Websites, and/or (9) any other inappropriate or improper use of the Websites. Any unauthorized use by you of any of these Terms shall automatically terminate the limited license granted by SCARPA to you to use the Websites.
4. Your Account and Obligations. If you use the Websites, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information (including but not limited to your password and credit card information) and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept full responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password and you agree to notify SCARPA immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. You understand and agree that you may be held liable for losses incurred by SCARPA and/or any other user of or visitor to the Websites due to someone else using your SCARPA username, password or account if you fail to keep your account information secure and confidential.
You may not use any other person’s SCARPA username, password or account at any time without the express permission and consent of the holder of that SCARPA username, password or account. If you are under 18, you may use SCARPA’s Websites only with involvement and approval of a parent or guardian. SCARPA will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations. You agree not to impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person's username, password or other account information, or another person's name, likeness, voice, image or photograph. You also agree to notify SCARPA at [email protected] immediately upon learning of any unauthorized use of your username, password, other account information, or any other breach of security that you become aware of involving or relating to any SCARPA Websites. SCARPA may suspend or terminate your account and your use of any Websites if you fail to comply with these Terms, and SCARPA reserves the right to refuse service, terminate any account, remove or edit Content, and/or cancel orders in SCARPA’s sole discretion.
Your use of the Websites is conditioned upon your agreement to comply with all applicable laws in connection with your use of the Websites, these Terms, and such further limitations as may be set forth in any written or on-screen notice from SCARPA. In addition, you agree that all information that you provide to SCARPA in connection with any purchase, transaction or other interaction with SCARPA on the Websites will be accurate, complete, and current. You agree to pay all charges and any applicable taxes incurred by yourself and/or any other users of your credit card, debit card, or other payment method used in connection with any purchase or transaction with SCARPA at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred.
By using the Websites, you agree not to violate, attempt to violate or assist others in violating or attempting to violate the security of the Websites, including, without limitation, doing or attempting any of the following: (1) probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of the Websites, their servers, systems or networks, (2) breaching authentication/security measures, (3) logging into a server or account or accessing data that you are not authorized to access, (4) interfering in any way with the Websites’ services to any user, host, or network, by any means including, viruses, spam, overloading, etc., and/or (5) sending unsolicited email, and/or forging headers in any email or posting.
You agree that SCARPA may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, terminate your access to the Websites and/or block your future access to the Websites, for any reason, including but not limited to: (1) if we determine that you have violated these Terms or other agreements or guidelines associated with your use of the Websites, (2) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (3) a request by you, (4) discontinuance or material modification of the Websites or any service offered on or through the Websites, or (5) technical issues or problems. You agree that SCARPA will not be liable to you or to any third party for termination of your access to the Websites. You also agree that any violation by you of these Terms will constitute at minimum an unlawful and unfair business practice, and will cause irreparable harm to SCARPA, for which monetary damages may be inadequate, and you consent to SCARPA obtaining any injunctive or equitable relief that SCARPA deems necessary or appropriate in such circumstances. If SCARPA initiates any legal action against you as a result of your violation of these Terms, you agree that SCARPA will be entitled to recover from you, and you agree to pay, all SCARPA’s reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of such action, in addition to any other relief granted to SCARPA. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies SCARPA may have at law or in equity.
5. Electronic Communications. When you visit SCARPA Websites or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically and you consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the Websites. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
7. Copyright. All Content included on the Websites, such as text, images, graphics, logos, icons, audio and video clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, and the compilation of all Content on this Websites is the exclusive property of SCARPA, its licensors, or its suppliers and protected by the United States Copyright Act and international copyright laws. Nothing stated or implied on the Websites gives you any license or legal right under any copyright of SCARPA or any third party. Federal and state laws, prohibit you from duplicating, copying, reproducing, broadcasting, modifying, editing, distributing, displaying, publishing, performing, circulating, or transmitting any Content or part of the Websites for any purpose.
8. Trademarks. All trademarks, logos and service marks (the "Marks") displayed on the Websites are owned by SCARPA and/or third parties. You are prohibited from using any of the Marks without the express, prior, written permission of SCARPA or such third party. If you would like information about obtaining SCARPA's permission to use the Content on your website, e-mail [email protected]. Some of the U.S. registered trademarks owned by SCARPA include: SCARPA, S SCARPA, and NO PLACE TOO FAR. All other Marks on our Websites and other SCARPA.com graphics, logos, page headers, icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks, or trade dress of SCARPA in the U.S. and/or other countries, and are owned exclusively by SCARPA. SCARPA's trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not SCARPA's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits SCARPA. All other trademarks not owned by SCARPA that appear on the Websites are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by SCARPA. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited, and nothing stated or implied on the Websites confers on you any license or right under any patent or trademark of SCARPA or any third party.
9. Materials You Post on the Websites. You may post reviews, comments, photos, and other materials, send emails and other electronic communications, and submit suggestions, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the materials are not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, and/or objectionable in SCARPA’s sole discretion, and so long as the materials don’t invade anyone’s privacy, otherwise injure anyone, or infringe on intellectual property rights. In addition, the materials you post may not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of spam. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any materials. If you do post or submit material, you grant SCARPA a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such materials throughout the world in any media. You grant SCARPA and its sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such materials, if they choose. You represent and warrant (1) that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the materials that you post; (2) that the materials are accurate; (3) that use of the materials you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and (4) that you will indemnify SCARPA for all claims resulting from materials you supply. SCARPA reserves the right, but not the obligation, to monitor and edit or remove any activity or materials in its sole discretion. SCARPA explicitly disclaims, takes no responsibility for, and assumes no liability for any materials posted by you or any third party.
10. Copyright Complaints. SCARPA respects the intellectual property of others. It is SCARPA's policy, as appropriate and in its sole discretion, to terminate the accounts of users who infringe upon the copyrights of third parties. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us at:
SCARPA North America, Inc.,
Attn: Marketing Dept/DMCA Copyright Complaints
3550 Frontier Ave., Unit E
Boulder, CO 80301
and include the following information in writing, which is required pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"):
(1) A detailed description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
(2) A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Websites reasonably sufficient to allow SCARPA to locate the material.
(3) Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
(4) A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
(5) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf
(6) Your physical or electronic signature, if you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf, or the physical or electronic signature of the owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed upon.
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the above requirements, your DMCA notice may not be valid. Please see 17 U.S.C. § 512 for more information regarding the DMCA and DMCA notifications.
11. Risk of Loss. All items that you order and purchase from SCARPA through the Websites are transported and delivered by an independent carrier, unaffiliated with SCARPA. Title to the items you have purchased, as well as risk of the items loss, passes to you once SCARPA delivers the items to the carrier.
12. Product Descriptions & Availability. While SCARPA tries to accurately describe its products and their availability, SCARPA does not represent or warrant that its product descriptions, availability, and/or any other Content are free of error, complete, up to date, or reliable. Please note that colors of SCARPA products may appear differently on your computer monitor than they are in reality. Most SCARPA products are available to view at SCARPA retailers throughout the world. If a product offered by SCARPA itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
13. SCARPA's Liability. SCARPA makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Content or about the results to be obtained from using the Websites and the Content. Any and all use of the Websites and the Content is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Websites and may be made at any time by SCARPA in its sole discretion. Some Content on the Websites may be provided by third parties and SCARPA explicitly disclaims all responsibility for any such Content provided by third parties.
14. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: WEBSITES. Your use of the SCARPA Websites is at your own risk. If you are dissatisfied with any of the Content or other contents of the SCARPA Websites or with these Terms, your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the SCARPA Websites. THE WEBSITES AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED BY SCARPA ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. SCARPA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITES OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED SCARPA REPRESENTATIVE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, SCARPA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALTHOUGH SCARPA TAKES COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE MEASURES TO PROTECT ITS CUSTOMERS PERSONAL INFORMATION, SCARPA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (1) THE WEBSITES, (2) INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITES, (3) THE WEBSITES’ SERVERS, OR (4) E-MAIL ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. EXCLUDING SCARPA’S INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, SCARPA EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED SCARPA REPRESENTATIVE. This provision may be unenforceable or inapplicable within the State of New Jersey.
15. LIMITED WARRANTY: PRODUCTS. SCARPA products are warranted to the original retail purchaser to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one year from the original date of purchase. Warranties for non-SCARPA products, that is products sold by SCARPA but manufactured by other manufacturers (by way of example, products manufactured by Koflach or Rottefella), may be different. Check the materials that come with the non-SCARPA products and that manufacturer’s website for information about their warranties. If you purchase a SCARPA product from any SCARPA Websites that you believe is defective, return the product to us pursuant to the SCARPA Return Policy and include your receipt and proof of purchase showing the purchase date. SCARPA will repair or replace the product at our sole discretion. If SCARPA determines that there is no warranty issue with the returned product, the product will be returned to you with a note of explanation. SCARPA’S LIABILITY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXPLICITLY LIMITED SOLELY TO SUCH REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT. UPON EXPIRATION OF THE WARRANTY PERIOD, SCARPA SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE. THE FOLLOWING ARE EXPLICITLY EXCLUDED AND NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY: (1) DAMAGES DUE TO NORMAL USE AND WEAR; (2) DAMAGES DUE TO ABUSE OR ACCIDENTS; (3) SCARPA PRODUCTS THAT HAVE BEEN RESOLED OR IN ANY WAY MODIFIED; AND (4) THE FIT OF ANY SCARPA PRODUCT. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, and except as otherwise specified above, SCARPA MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE DESIGN, CONDITION OR QUALITY OF MATERIALS AND WORKMANSHIP TO THE PURCHASER OF THE GOODS AND/OR ANY OTHER PERSON WHATSOEVER. NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE FOREGOING SENTENCE IS INTENDED TO RELEASE THE SELLER FROM LIABILITY FOR ORDINARY DAMAGES FOR PROVEN PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS.
Please note that certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If you are a resident of such a state and these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.
16. Reserved Rights. SCARPA reserves the right to do any of the following, for any reason, at any time, without notice: (1) to modify, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Websites, or any portion of the Websites; (2) to modify or change the Websites, or any portion of the Websites, and any applicable policies or terms; (3) to interrupt the operation of the Websites, or any portion of the Websites, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes; and (4) discontinue or restrict your use of the Websites.
17. WARNING: SKIING, CLIMBING, MOUNTAINEERING, TRAIL RUNNING, HIKING, WALKING, AND RELATED ACTIVITIES, ARE POTENTIALLY LIFE THREATENING, HAZARDOUS, AND DANGEROUS. By purchasing or using any SCARPA equipment in any manner, you agree that you are: (1) personally and solely responsible for: (a) learning and knowing the limits and capabilities of the equipment and yourself, (b) the proper use of and techniques for such equipment, (c) making responsible, sound decisions in changing situations, and (2) assuming all risks and accepting full and complete responsibility for any and all damages and injury of any kind to yourself or others, including death, paralysis, and serious injury, which may result from or is related to your use of any equipment manufactured by or purchased through SCARPA, its partners, Websites, or retailers. In addition, YOU AGREE TO ASSUME ALL RISKS AND ACCEPT FULL AND COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES AND INJURY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DEATH, PARALYSIS, AND SERIOUS INJURY, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM OR IS RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON ANY MATERIALS OR INFORMATION PRODUCED BY SCARPA, ITS PARTNERS, AND/OR THAT IS CONTAINED IN ANY SCARPA WEBSITES, CATALOGS, PUBLICATIONS, OR OTHER SCARPA MATERIALS. Resources like the SCARPA Websites and publications can provide useful information and tips, but they are no substitute for good decision making, safe and appropriate use of equipment, or professional instruction for the numerous hazardous situations in which you may choose to use SCARPA products.
18. Disclosure of Your Information. You agree and SCARPA reserves the right at all times and without further notice to disclose any information that SCARPA deems necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, administrative or legal process or governmental request. SCARPA also may disclose your information when SCARPA determines that applicable law requires or permits such disclosure, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes. You agree that SCARPA may disclose any information we have about you (including your identity) if SCARPA determines that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of the Websites, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with, either intentionally or unintentionally, the Websites, SCARPA’s rights or property, or the rights or property of the Websites’ users, including SCARPA’s customers. You acknowledge and agree that SCARPA may preserve any transmittal or communication by you, including emails, through the Websites or any service offered on or through the Websites, and may also disclose such data if required to do so by law or SCARPA determines that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) comply with legal process, (2) enforce these Terms, (3) respond to claims that any such data violates the rights of others, and/or (4) protect the rights, property or personal safety of SCARPA, its employees, users of or visitors to the Websites, and the public.
19. Indemnity. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SCARPA, ITS SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, AND ITS AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CO-BRANDERS OR OTHER PARTNERS, HARMLESS FROM ANY DEMANDS, DAMAGES, LOSS, LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND JUDGMENTS OF ANY KIND OR NATURE), MADE AGAINST OR INCURRED BY SCARPA BY YOU, ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ACTING ON YOUR BEHALF, AND/OR ANY THIRD PARTY RELATED TO, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR IMPROPER USE OF THE WEBSITES, YOUR BREACH OF ANY OF THESE TERMS, AND/OR ANY OTHER VIOLATION BY YOU THAT CREATES LIABILITY FOR SCARPA. This provision may be unenforceable or inapplicable within the State of New Jersey.
20. Applicable Law; Dispute Resolution; Arbitration; Class Action Waiver; Miscellaneous Provisions. By visiting or using any SCARPA Websites, you agree that:
(1) All matters relating to these Terms, and/or your access to or use of the Websites, including all disputes, will be governed by the laws of the United States and by the laws of the State of Colorado without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions.
(2) In the event of any controversy or dispute between SCARPA and you arising out of or in connection with these Terms and/or your use of the Websites, SCARPA and you shall attempt, promptly and in good faith, to resolve any such dispute. If we are unable to resolve any such dispute within thirty (30) days, then either party may request that such controversy or dispute be mediated. The mediation may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. If conducted in person, the mediation shall take place in Boulder, Colorado. If the dispute is not resolved through mediation within a reasonable time (not to exceed sixty (60) days from the mediation request), then the parties shall be free to pursue any right or remedy available to them under applicable law through binding arbitration as described below.
(3) BINDING ARBITRATION: In the event of any dispute arising under or relating to these Terms your access to or use of the Websites (including products or services sold or distributed by SCARPA through SCARPA Websites), such dispute will be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. NEITHER YOU NOR WE SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE ANY CLAIM IN COURT OR TO HAVE THE CLAIM DECIDED BY A JUDGE OR JURY. DISCOVERY RIGHTS, SUCH AS EACH PARTY'S RIGHT TO THE EXCHANGE OF PREHEARING INFORMATION OR PREHEARING TAKING OF SWORN TESTIMONY, MAY ALSO BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION. All disputes will be resolved before a neutral arbitrator, whose decision will be final except for a limited right of appeal under the Federal Arbitration Act. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules, both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. If conducted in person, the arbitration shall take place in Boulder, Colorado. The parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, to stay proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to these Terms.
(4) CLASS ACTION WAIVER: Any arbitration or proceeding shall be limited to the dispute between us and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (a) no arbitration or proceeding shall be joined with any other; (b) there shall be no right or authority for any dispute to be arbitrated or resolved on a class action-basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (c) there shall be no right or authority for any dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
(5) You hereby irrevocably waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, (a) any objection that you may now or hereafter have to such jurisdiction and venue and (b) any claim that any such arbitration proceeding has been brought in an inconvenient forum. Note that the preceding provision regarding venue may not apply if you are a consumer based in the European Union, however, in all cases, the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply in any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms;
(6) Any and all claims arising out of or related to these Terms must be brought by you within one (1) year after the cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is forever and irrevocably barred. Claims made under the separate terms and conditions of purchase for goods and services are not subject to this limitation.
(7) No recovery may be sought or received by you against SCARPA for damages other than your out-of-pocket expenses, excluding attorney fees.
(8) A printed version of these Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in any mediation or arbitration proceeding based upon or relating to these Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. All headings in these Terms are for convenience or reference only and shall be ignored in construing these Terms.
(9) SCARPA’s failure to enforce all or any part of these Terms or respond to a breach thereof by you or any other party shall not in any way be construed as a waiver or a relinquishment of any right granted SCARPA hereunder of the future performance of all or any part of these Terms, and your obligations set forth in these Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
(10) If any provision in these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the invalid or unenforceable provision will be modified to the minimum extent necessary and deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remaining provisions of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
(11) These Terms contain the entire and final agreement regarding SCARPA Websites and their Content, and supersede any prior or contemporaneous communications between you and SCARPA regarding the Websites.
(12) Any offer for any feature, product or service made on the Websites is void where prohibited. If you choose to access the Websites from outside the U.S., you are solely responsible for complying with applicable U.S. and local laws. Although the Websites may be accessible worldwide, not all products or features provided or offered through the Websites are available in all geographic locations, or available (legally or otherwise) for use outside of the U.S. SCARPA reserves the right to limit, in its sole discretion, the provision and quantity of any product or feature shown on the Websites to any person or geographic area.
(13) All rights not explicitly granted in these Terms are hereby reserved by SCARPA.
(14) By continuing to use the SCARPA Websites, you hereby agree and intend to be bound by these Terms.
SCARPA North America, Inc. (“SCARPA”) appreciates the difficulties that individuals with disabilities face and has supported disabled athletes and groups for many years. SCARPA strives to comply with all applicable laws and guidelines so that our website is accessible to individuals with disabilities, including W3C’s WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) accessibility standards up to Level AA.
SCARPA has taken and continues to take a variety of steps to ensure the accessibility of our website. The site is built to comply with WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines, including media content tagged with titles, alternative text, and descriptive information, and font sizing is supported and may be controlled through the browser.
If you experience any difficulty using or accessing any part of this website, please call us at 303.998.2895 or email us at [email protected] and we will work with you to ensure that you have full access to the information in which you are interested and which is available to the public on our site, and can purchase our products, if desired.
Please contact us at 303.998.2895 or [email protected] if you have any feedback to share about the accessibility of this website.